Current as of 14 July 2021, and subject to change by the NSW Government
We would like to call upon everyone to support the NSW State Government to limit the spread of Delta Variant in Greater Sydney. As such our operations shall be compliant with the Covid-19 Locked down restrictions imposed by the local NSW State Government and NSW Health. The below are in effect from 6 pm June 26 2021 until 11:59 PM 39th July 2021.
We have tried to convey the current Covid restrictions affecting our work as detailed below. For more general information about the Covid-19 restrictions, visit the NSW Covid-19 website.
‘Stay at home orders’ for Greater Sydney (including Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong, and Shellharbour)
If you reside in Greater Sydney, the NSW Government has introduced strict ‘stay at home orders’. This means residents or people whose usual workplace of work is in Greater Sydney must stay at home unless it is for an essential reason. Given this;
- Open Homes for sale and rental properties will not be conducted.
- In per-on auctions will not be conducted.
We will be able to assist our clients during this time by offering:
- Private Inspections to single persons only. To organise an appointment for a private inspection, please contact the selling agent, or the property manager for rental properties. We recommend you book an appointment online for inspections or text your full name, mobile number and email to the agent concerned.
- Property Appraisals for Sale or Rent. We are able to attend your property to conduct a property appraisal. We will minimise contact points with you and your furniture as much as possible as we discuss your property. We will observe Covid Safety practices at all times.
- Rental Ingoing/Outgoing Inspections and Pre-Settlement Inspections are able to be conducted during this time. We will observe Covid Safety practices and will minimise contact points at all times.
If you have any questions regarding how we can provide services to you during this time, please contact your agent at Move Realty.
The remainder of New South Wales
The below advice is for people that are not affected by the above announcement and restrictions imposed on the areas of Greater Sydney, Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong, and Shellharbour.
In an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19 across Regional New South Wales, the NSW Government has announced Covid-19 restrictions from 6 pm 26th June 2021.
People in these areas who have been in Greater Sydney on or after June 21 should follow the stay-at-home orders for a period of 21 days after they left these areas.
Under NSW Public Health Orders, real estate agents must have a Covid-19 safety plan for auctions to protect the health of workers and buyers.
- Home inspections for buyers and renters are permitted across Regional NSW but are subject to a density of a maximum of one person per 4 sqm, which includes children.
- Attendees are required to keep 1.5m away from other buyers and renters.
- Masks will be mandatory at all inspections.
- Covid Safe protocol including hand sanitisers and recording keeping will be implemented by the real estate agents.
- Covid safety signage will be displayed outside Open Homes.
- Live auctions can take place across the Regional NSW under the one person per 4 sqm rule, which includes children.
- We would encourage only people that are interested in bidding to attend.
- Masks are mandatory at auctions taking place indoors or where social distancing is not possible.
- Covid safety signage will be displayed at auctions.
60-day freeze on evictions
Tenants who can’t pay their rent in full because they are impacted by the recent COVID-19 outbreak can’t be evicted between now and 11 September 2021.
More details coming soon
The announcement has just been made and the legislation to underpin the moratorium and application processes are currently under development. More details will be made available soon.
More COVID-19 information
Go to the NSW Government website for all detailed COVID-19 information.
Our agents are here to assist
As always our agents are easily contactable via phone, email and social media, or video conferencing. We would love to hear from you and answer any questions you may have about one of our properties, the local real estate market, your own home, or any property-related advice you may be seeking during this period.
In the meantime, we hope that you and your families stay safe and healthy.
This update is subject to change and we will do our best to keep this page updated as announcements are made that impact the NSW real estate market. To stay across the latest developments visit the NSW Covid-19 website.
This information is provided subject to our terms and conditions.