Property ID : 150093
Leased $390.00 per week - Apartment
FOR RENT 2 BEDROOM GROUND FLOOR APARTMENT
Rent this freshly painted and light-filled 2 bedroom cosy unit located within walking distance to the train station. Positioned on the ground floor this apartment represents stylish easy care living in a walk to everywhere lifestyle location. Spacious and well maintained, it is an ideal for a couple or small family. Within walking distance to the train station, shops, schools, restaurants and all other local amenities.
– Two spacious bedrooms with floorboards throughout
– Spacious open plan living and dining area with two balconies
– Modern kitchen with ample cupboard space, gas cooking
– Bright and airy interiors with good natural sunlight throughout
– Living area over looks a private entertainers paved courtyard
– Security building, brick construction, lock up garage
– Good sized internal laundry with an additional toilet
– A neat and tidy building close to Pendle Hill Centre
– Moments to restaurants, cafes and transport, local parks
Disclaimer: All information is gathered from sources we believe to be reliable however we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Interested parties should rely on their own enquiries.
INSPECTION: SATURDAY 11:15 – 11:30 AM
History of Pendle Hill
George Bond (1876–1950), an American who came to Australia in 1909, established a cotton spinning mill in the area in 1923. It was Australia’s first attempt to spin and weave cotton from cotton farms that the company owned in Queensland. Lancashire was the centre of England’s cotton industry, and Pendle Hill is a hill in the heart of the Lancashire cotton industry. It seems likely this is where the town gained its name. George Bond was originally in the business of importing hosiery and underwear but during World War I began manufacturing hosiery in Redfern and by 1925 was producing a quarter of Australia’s output of hosiery and knitted garments. Bond Industries Limited became a public company in 1927.
The railway station at Pendle Hill opened here on 12 April 1924. The first government school opened in 1955 and the first post office was opened in 1956 by Postmaster Sqn. Ldr.[Rtd] Richard R. Purdie M.B.E. and his wife Elsie. Nearby “Purdie Lane” is named after these long time pioneers of Pendle Hill.